05 May 2006

baby oil?

While at the Agricultural Fair last weekend, I purchased some "massage oil for spiritual cleansing" a H'men Mayan Remedy with ingredients listed as oil and Mayan medicial plants. uh...it smells remarkably similar to baby oil....and contains no greenery...$10BZ.

At the birthday party last night we played truth or dare spin the bottle style. After witnessing Julie demostrate her blow job techniques on a beer bottle and my friend Nick strip tease down to his drawers, both resulting from dares, I chose truth and was asked if I've ever been with a woman.

Tomorrow morning, I'm going to join the Kay-Martinez family for their Saturday pancake breakfast ritual. Then, I'm going to visit an intentional community near Cayo tomorrow. Should be interesting to see their set up.

I'm getting excited about the reef monitoring/training in the Sapodilla Cayes. There are a lot of people from various NGO's and government agencies participating, we'll all go through the training together on one of the Cayes near Belize City and then split up into smaller teams with specific sites to monitor along the reef. I'll get to meet a lot of the marine conservation movers and shakers, it will be a good networking opp for me. There's a new job opening in one of the NGO's, Earthwatch, and the director is on my monitoring team.

My summer flight arrangements are mostly complete. I'm giving myself 9 days to travel around Argentina after the internship. I'll be staying in a very scenic part of the northwest during the internship so, depending on how much I see while I'm there, I may explore Jujuy and Salta for a couple of more days. Otherwise, for sure I'm going to check out Iguazu Falls, Buenos Aires, and maybe Valle de Luna. The country is huge and I feel a bit overwhelmed when I go on line to search for bus durations, schedules, etc. I don't have a travel guide with me here so I'm just going to wait, talk to the Argentines that I'll be working with and go from there. I'd love to see some of the glaciers in the south but it's winter time so, nah.

I'll pull into St. Louis 25 July and depart for Florida to see my parents around the 13 August, then back to Belize on 21 August. Something like that. I've decided that I'll stay for 2 months looking for a job. If I find something, fantastic, I stay. If I don't....well....you'll probably be seeing more of me. FYI: Blues Cruise on 3 ? August (a thurs for sure). Soulard Blues Band, I'm in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home