27 January 2007

meat eye, Earth Day, and bagels

I tried to make bagels from scratch tonight, didn’t work out too well for me. The naan I tried last week at least *looked* right even if the taste was a bit off but these bagels….I don’t know, they didn’t rise right. Nonetheless, I'm going to try again tomorrow with a revised recipe and fresh yeast.

We’re holding an “Earth Day Fair” on the UB, Belmopan campus this 18 April. You’re all invited! All you needed was an official invitation right? Here it is! My students and I are planning it, should be fun. I seem to be drawn to coordinating Earth Day/BioBlitz type events.

I have meat eye, bad. I've been calling it that since my friend named this phenomenon for me in Spanish, "carne..." something or other. A yellowish growth on my sclera just medial from my iris, right eye only. Maybe ¼ cm in length with red blood vessels radiating from the small mass. I’ve had it for a while. It’s somewhat common among people in Belize but I’m now uncomfortable with the size of mine, it seems to have grown. Doctor, Tuesday. Yep. I wrote into a local "Belize Forum" where people post and answer questions about Belize. One member sent me this link: http://www.harvardeye.com/pterygium.html It sounds spot on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home